Wednesday 29 February 2012

Hello there....

Well first off this is my first time blogging so I may blabber on a bit (or maybe not enough, I'm not really 100% on the amount of blabbering considered usual) and I apologise in advance for that! Firstly I'll introduce myself properly!

I thought the best way to do this would be a photo, they say a picture speaks a thousand words! Hopefully that'll go someway to explaining the mugshot above this! My name is Nick, and I'm 18, I live in East Yorkshire, just north of Hull! I'm currently at sixth form and I'm a massive politics, history and economics nerd! You'd be surprised at how much I love them three things! On a slightly less nerd note, I also play guitar and paint occasionally!
I suppose I should mention at this point why I've decided to start this blog and what makes me different to many other 18 year olds. When I was 16 I was diagnosed with a rare type of bone cancer called Ewing's Sarcoma. It was quite widespread but I finished treatment in July 2011, but I spent the whole of March last year in hospital, stuck in isolation. So, to celebrate the one year anniversary of this particular event I've decided to do a blog entry each day on a different aspect of having cancer as a young person! I hope it may be of interest to some people and give them an insight into what it is like to have a life threatening illness and maybe, just maybe, it might help someone who's going through the same thing as I was last year.

Thank you to anyone who has bothered to read this and I'll hopefully be starting tomorrow, most likely covering my initial diagnosis!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading tomorrow's Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick,
    This is a great idea. It will really help to give people something to look forward to.
    I hope you're getting on ok and look forward to reading on.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great start Nick. Nice to see you're supporting TCT too!

    ReplyDelete